What are essential oils?
Essential oils are concentrated plant based extracts produced by steaming or pressing different parts of a plant (fruit, leaves, flowers, stems) to capture parts of it that produce the fragrance characteristic to the plant.
They have become very popular over the past few years and is strongly believed to help with everything from Aromatherapy to just boosting your mood to nebulization to headaches to sleep and more.
Aromatherapy has been used for centuries and is the practice of using essential oils for their therapeutic benefits.
When essential oils are inhaled, the scent molecules in essential oils travel from the olfactory nerves directly to the brain and especially impact the amygdala, the emotional center of the brain.”
Essential oils can be used to relax muscles and are used by massage therapists. They can be absorbed through the skin.
Uses of essential oils:
There isn’t enough scientific proof to support the use of essential oils for the treatment of a number ailments in human health as currently claimed by many. Results are mixed. While some studies show no significant benefit others indicate that there may be a benefit to using them.
Some clinical trials have looked into the use of essential oils to manage anxiety, depression, nausea, insomnia, headaches and more.
- The most obvious use of essential oil is aroma and “scenting”. Most of the oils have very pleasant aroma, that can very easily replace the use of store bought air freshners and because they are concentrated a small drop goes a long way.
- Some people also use it to scent their laundry.
- Personally it can be used to relieve headaches and open up clogged sinuses and congestion. You can use a diffuser – just instill 2-3 drops in a diffuser and enjoy!, you can also apply 1-2 drops (Diluted of course) on your palms rub together and inhale or drop into hot water and inhale. Sometimes I rub it on my forehead to relieve headaches. (Do a skin test before applying any undiluted essential oil directly on your skin, it is advised that you dilute with a carrier oil before applying directly to skin).
- Massage therapists use essential oils for rubdowns.
- You can apply a few drops under your pillow case – helps to increase periods of deep sleep allowing your body to rest fully.
- They have become very important components of soaps, body butters, bath salts, scented candles etc.
The important thing to remember is that they are natural products without chemicals and usually very safe for use. They may need to be diluted for use in children and the elderly.
At Brijon naturals, our essential oils are sourced from the most reliable source and are of the highest purity. They are also 100% pure, natural and undiluted. When you buy our products, you do not need to worry about quality as this is assured. DO not take our word for it. See for yourself!